By Chiara Zambrano, ABS-CBN News
MANILA – Monsignor Josefino Ramirez on Saturday explained his continued relationship with the family of Janet Napoles.
Ramirez is one of the members of the Catholic Church who allegedly received money and benefits from Napoles, according to the whistleblowers of the pork barrel and Malampaya fund scam.
Documents secured by ABS-CBN and testimonies from the whistleblowers of the pork barrel and Malampaya fund scam show that the controversy involving Napoles seems to have spread beyond politicians and into the turf of the Catholic Church.
In the joint affidavit submitted to the National Bureau of Investigation, the whistleblowers said Ramirez receives a monthly stipend, allegedly from the account of Napoles herself.
As an example, they enumerated several checks that amounted to P150,000 pesos each.
ABS-CBN sources said that Ramirez now lives at a property also allegedly owned by Napoles.
A male house helper also confirmed this.But the whistleblowers also mentioned in the joint affidavit that Ramirez makes it possible for the image of the Black Nazarene to be brought to the home of Napoles, where they will then hear mass.
- ‘PH political, justice systems on trial in Napoles case’
- NBI taps Coast Guard in hunt for fugitive businesswoman Janet Napoles
- CA freezes Napoles’ 40 bank accounts
- Bong, JPE, Jinggoy ‘suki’ to Napoles NGOs
- Tagle: Search for alternative to pork barrel
- Rep. Matias Defensor endorsed P99-M to 'Matias Defensor Foundation'; 5 other solons funded own NGOs
- Palasyo kay Napoles: Sumuko ka na
- DOJ Releases New List Containing Absurd Stuff Owned by Napoles
- PRIESTS ON JANET NAPOLES' PAYROLL?
- Napoles asks CA to stop her arrest